Why Should I Use a Real Estate Agent?
The real estate industry is one characterized by constant change – there are several variables including prices, inventory levels, insurance rates, availability, etc. that cause the market to fluctuate. The housing market can be extremely unpredictable and is highly influenced by the economy, both nationwide and locally. In any transaction, but especially one as important as buying or selling a home, you deserve service from someone well-versed in the subject. Everyone has their niche of expertise: a mechanic knows automobiles, a butcher knows meat, and a real estate agent knows real estate.
Why should you use a real estate agent? Here are seven essential reasons:
- Real estate agents are trained in none other than…the real estate industry! What better person to turn to than an expert? While ultimately they sell houses, real estate agents do this by keeping up-to-date on industry trends, learning the best practices and continuing to expand their knowledge base. You can do some research on your own time, but nothing compares to the dedication that real estate agents have put into education; real estate is more than just their job, it is their life.
- The saying, “Practice makes perfect,” absolutely applies to real estate. Chances are, you have had much less practice listing and selling houses than an established real estate agent. Real estate agents are familiar with the art of selling homes; they make a living doing just that. You can most likely view the past homes a particular real estate agent has sold to see if they have the kind of experience you are looking for. Just like you would comfortably let a surgeon operate on your broken bone instead of trying to fix it yourself, if benefits you to let a real estate expert handle your home buying or selling.
- Real estate agents know the neighborhoods in which they work very well. Especially if you are relocating to the area, you will be hard pressed to find someone who knows the ins and outs of a certain area. Real estate agents are equipped to answer nearly any question you may have about the area into which you are moving. If you are looking for specifics, look no further than a local expert: a real estate agent.
- Through their many transactions, most real estate agents develop useful relationships and connections with other industry professionals, including the best painters, landscapers, interior designers, and more. Working with a real estate agent opens doors that might not have been available to you on your own. These connections are based on mutual satisfaction, so you can rest assured that the real estate agent will put you in contact with trustworthy referrals.
- Once you have found a house you want or a prospective buyer (depending on whether you are the seller or the buyer in the transaction), the negotiation process begins. This has potential to be a stressful part of the process, especially if you are not sure how to go about it. Price is the most common term negotiated, but home inspection disputes can be included in this process. There are tips you can research to better negotiate, but why not utilize a real estate agent? Not only trained in the art of negotiation, they know how to communicate with other agents and brokers involved in this process. Real estate agents want the best deal for their clients; they will work hard to ensure that you receive the best possible outcome.
6. Closing with Ease
- As with any transaction, the closing process for a home requires both the buyer and seller to sign several documents. The benefit of having a real estate agent is that they are there to explain everything to you before you decide to sign it. In this way, you can avoid a potential legal dispute or discrepancy later. Your real estate agent should know everything about the closing process and alleviate any stresses you may have.
7. Company Backing
- Using a real estate agent provides you with the backing of a real estate company. You have access to the company’s resources, including physical and online resources. When selling your home with a real estate agent, your home will be advertised through the company’s previously established advertising chains, increasing the number of buyers who have access. A certain level of professionalism comes with using a real estate agent from an established real estate business.
Now you have a good idea of why, even in this digital, do-it-yourself age, you still benefit from utilizing a professional real estate agent. Howard Hanna’s real estate agents are truly the best, each with a thorough knowledge of the market and the real estate industry as a whole. Their training does not end once they receive their license. Howard Hanna provides its dedicated sales associates with options to further their learning and grow their knowledge base. Our real estate sales associates pride themselves on providing a personalized home buying experience to meet your needs and desires.