Love Football? Stay Safe!
Finally, we’re welcoming fall, that eagerly anticipated season when we get to enjoy cooler temps, colorful leaves, the start of school and, of course, football! At Howard Hanna Insurance Services, we want your football season to be both exciting and safe, so as you cheer your team to victory, consider the following tips.
- Keep it clean: Tailgating is one of America’s favorite pastimes! If you’re tailgating, opt for non-breakable, recyclable containers. This will make cleanup easier and help avoid injuries resulting from broken glass.
- Know where you’re going: Pre-plan travel to and from the stadium to avoid getting lost and to make finding parking easier if you drive.
- Be weather wise: If you’re heading to the stadium, be sure to prepare for the weather. In colder temps, bring layers and blankets (especially if you’re bringing the little ones along). Also, avoid umbrellas if you find yourself in a lightning storm.
- Keep it close: Be sure to keep your valuables, such as wallets, mobile phones and purses, safe. Also, keep it close to you (better yet, attached) at all times to avoid theft.
Your insurance can provide an additional safety net on game day, whether you head out to the stadium or invite some friends over to your house:
- Make sure you have adequate coverage for any contents that may be stolen in the unfortunate event of a break-in at the stadium parking lot.
- Ensure you have sufficient liability coverage on your homeowner’s policy, as well as medical payments coverage and possibly umbrella coverage. These exist to protect you in the event someone becomes injured while at your house.
- Consider roadside assistance coverage. In the event your vehicle breaks down or you lock your keys in your car, it can save the day.
Wherever and however you’re watching the game this weekend, we hope you enjoy every last minute!